Sunday 7 September 2014

It pays to shop around

But you don't need me to tell you that, do you?

Anyone who follows me on Pinterest will know that I have a slight obsession with hanging egg chairs, in fact as well as having them pop up numerous times, I now have dedicated an entire board to this obsession.

I'm not sure if it is because they can be hung inside or out, perfect for indoor/ outdoor flow or if they just look so comfortable. They make me want to curl up with a good book or a pile of magazines with a cup of tea or a glass of wine within easy reach and laze the time away, perhaps sneak in a little nap.


Found on garancedore.fr/en

Bohemian, guitar, white walls, wicker chair



























So not surprisingly I have been seeing them pop up all over the place, everywhere I go, at a range of prices.

The first one to catch my eye was in Paddington while I was amusing myself while hubs worked.



In a beautiful store that smelt amazing, frequented by beautiful people, styled beautifully (the store and the people), surrounded by more beautiful things.
























The second chair to catch my eye was not so beautifully presented, it was in a slightly run down local shopping centre next to the supermarket in a store which also sold huge faux fur throw/ wall hangings with wild animals printed on them (if you don't know what I am talking about I will spare you the horror, or not).

Now one of these chairs had a price tag that started with a six with a couple more numbers after it, the other started with a three followed by a couple more numbers, I will leave it to you to figure out which price tag went with which chair.

So I decided to do a little more research, the easy way of course, online, with a glass of wine in hand, and found an even wider spread of numbers, starting from; $315, then $399, followed by $549, then $799, all the way to $999 (I'm sure the number could have been higher if I really tried) all in the space of a 15 min search, so pretty much it came down to how much are you were willing to pay.

The only thing holding me back now is that I have nowhere it put one, hurry up new house, I have the perfect spot already picked out!

AA xx

No comments:

Post a Comment