Sunday 31 August 2014

Rain, rain, go away, come again another day,

We have had 3 weeks of solid rain here in Sydney ranging from a light drizzle to a full on down pour every day. I'm not a huge fan of continual rain. I get that we need it, the plants and green stuff that provides our oxygen particularly so. And I am thankful that that has been pretty much our entire winter this year but I'm hanging out for some sunshine.

With all the rain nothing has time to dry out completely I have been burning candles  like crazy to stop the house smelling damp, also the heater has been going on full the whole time we are home, not looking forward to seeing the next power bill, I think I might have a heart attack.

But I have taken the opportunity to catch up on my reading, delving into the archives of two of my favourite design focus blogs, and discovering a new one, I'm not as enamoured of their style as I am with the other two but their blow by blow account of all things renovation (they're now onto house number two) and DYI is fascinating.

And another win for hubs, I have been very appreciative of the extra faux fur throw he insisted we pick up, I wasn't 100% sold on the idea at the time, but it has been very snugly in the rotten weather and I have been able to move the smaller one to the bedroom, double the snuggles, all the more places to catch up on my favourite mags.

How about you? Any tips for dealing with inclement weather? Or are you one of these crazy people that like cold and rain?

AA xx

PS. There are huge giveaways in Real Living this month, well worth checking out if that sort of thing takes your fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment