Sunday 21 December 2014

Food Glorious Food

I finished all of my shopping today for Christmas day so I thought I would share my menu for the day with you.

(Disclaimer: None of the photos that follow are mine I have shamelessly ripped them off from a simple Google image search of my menu items)

We always start the day with Croissants, coffee and orange juice (and champagne, shhh).
This year we have smoked salmon and avocado, or ham, brie and mustard as a back up if we have extra guests.



















Christmas breakfast is a tradition my mother started as all us kids got older,  just one of the many reasons I will always love her.

For Christmas lunch I am cooking a traditional stuffed bird, this year de-boned and rolled turkey stuffed with cranberries and walnuts.







































The traditional trimming just don't make sense during an antipodal  summer so this year the bird will be served with a crisp Waldorf salad.

























We had Waldorf salad and a glass of champagne for lunch at the Waldorf Hotel in New York a few years ago, it was the smallest and most expensive lunch of the entire trip but so worth it, (sort of like having a Singapore Sling at the Raffles Hotel in Singapore, again very x'y) I would do it again in a heartbeat.

For evening grazing I will throw together a very simple antipasti, marinated veges, cured meats, cheese, one of my favourite ways to eat any day of the year.


















Dessert again is very simple and something I do every year, piles of fresh cherries and chocolate, this year Lindt Chocolates, which goes on the table after lunch and stays until it is all gone.


















Simple yet lush and decadent at the same time, yum.

So season's greetings to you and yours, I wish you the very best for the year to come.

Cheers












AA xx

No comments:

Post a Comment